Since our launch date we have published many more free guides, exercises and courses. We really appreciate anyone who has got in touch over the last few months, your feedback has been used to help improve both the site and our content.
Incase You Missed It
- The Strop Guide- This guide shows you how to make a simple strop, used for the final step when sharpening bladed tools
- The Sawset Guide– What a sawset is and what is it used for
- Buying a Sawset– Tips and tricks of what to look out for when buying your own sawset
- Using a Sawset– Once you have purchased one, this guide will run you through how to use it to set your saws
- Bench Plane Set Up– A simple exercise to show you how to take your plane apart, bit by bit, and put it back together again
- Arches- Stop Cut Method– Using minimal tools, this exercise demonstrates how to cut an arch using the stop-cut method
- Truing Stock– This should be done before starting a project to ensure accuracy.
- How to Make a Dovetail– The first course of our joints series, this course will take you through how to make a dovetail joint
This photo is of the stop cut method, taken from our ‘Arches’ exercise
We have changed the way our glossary works, each time a word is used which we feel might need an explanation, it will be underlined with a dotted line. If you hover over it, a definition will appear (on mobiles, you only need to tap the word once). This way it enables you to cary on reading the guide without having to take yourself away to the glossary page to find a definition. Here are a few examples:
Stay Up to Date
If you want to hear about new content on our site first, sign up for a free membership here and select your notification preferences, I will email you when new guides are published so you can keep up to date.
We’d Love to Hear From You!
Are there any particular parts of woodworking you find tough? Which tools do you want to know more about? Is there anything you want to practise, but don’t know how?
Our site content is tailored to suit you, our members, so we take all suggestions on board. If you want to
suggest something, feel free to comment on this blog post and we’ll add it to our list for consideration.
We have reached over 900 followers on our Instagram account! Thank you to everyone who has followed along. If you’re not following but would like to, click here.
Until next time, happy woodworking!
Research and Content Creator for Common Woodworking